The tasks at hand are to create a Personal Learning Environment (PLE) & a Digital Learning Hub (DLH) to construct my Digital Footprint, and maintain control of my Digital Identity and blog on the process of creation.
I am now transforming the PLE Google Site that began during EDUC 7714 into the DLH for EDUC 7720 on Wix. I am moving to Wix because it has a more professional, finished look.
This was my PLE Outline:
- Read and watch about curating and PLE’s.
- Learning Networks, Networked Learning
- Connected Learning
- Connected Learning Principles
- SOCIAL MEDIA AS AVENUE FOR PERSONAL LEARNING FOR EDUCATORS: PERSONAL LEARNING NETWORKS ENCOURAGE APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A Concept to Bridge Personal Learning Environments: Including a Generic Bookmarking Tool into a Social Learning Management Systems
- Research and pick a tool to develop the PLE.
- Plan PLE content and style.
- Choose a template or create from scratch. Customize to reflect branding.
- Add content.
- Create links to bookmark lists (pinterest, symbaloo, evernote, etc.)
- Incorporate elements that contribute to a digital identity (blogs, favorite people, favorite institutions, etc.)
- Refine, adjust (ongoing) based on feedback and new endeavors
Google Site created: ConstantLearnerMe
The DLH will be the place where I continue creating my Online Brand, perform Reputation Management, and post all sorts of information about training and technology.
The purpose of my DLH is to develop a website that hosts teaching and learning materials for me for all IT&DML classes (past, present, and future) and for my “students” at UNH.
I want to include:
- a wiki for work (in progress) which will be linked here when ready
- surveys for participants to help me refine the content and functionality
- more interactive (rather than static) content
- an IM feature for faster communication
I’ll be blogging about and working on the DHL site every week.
If you have created a DHL, please share the link so I can
steal look at your ideas! And please tell me anything that helped you through this process. Thanks!
I’ll provide the link to my site as soon as I publish it.